Happiness is... When Your Feet AND Hands Bind on Supta Kurma for the First Time

You know that feeling when you work for something for a very, very, long time, and suddenly, one day, without whistles or trumpets it just comes? Ahhh

That is what happened to me last week on Supta Kurmasana. (Tortoise pose). My feet Finally crossed, while the hands were still clasping on the back. 

So here I am, on a happy note because Supta-Kurmasana is finally coming, and from now on, it will get deeper and deeper. 

I wonder what secrets my nervous system will reveal as I go further into this incredibly profound forward bend.

I've been practicing Ashtanga Yoga since 2004, but the daily, un-interrupted, practice, started on April 1st 2007. That is how long it took me to build to a daily routine!

So, this binding, is almost seven years of ‘daily practice’ in the making.

Here is to patience, perseverance, and also to celebration too. Why not? Hey! I am happy, and I am doing my happy dance.



Follow me on Twitter or subscribe at: ClaudiaYoga.com
StumbleUpon

3 comments:

  1. Well done Claudia, I found myself holding my breath as you walked your feet in :) Also love that you get your heels off the ground in Kurmasana (not happening for me yet)! Happy dance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Claudia! It is beautiful.
    I can relate very much since I've been struggling with this pose myself for a very long time and still am.
    Your success gives me some new hope :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i know the feeling! and I drew it to celebrate :) https://www.etsy.com/listing/168331854/the-tortoises-back-kurmasana-yoga-asana?ref=shop_home_active

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous comments can no longer be accepted (I was getting enormous amounts of spam)... But I hope you guys still continue to share your views, I welcome the conversation

Follow Me on Twitter